Act I.

Whilst in a dream, the devil approached me.
He spoke the language of persuasion,
and whispered poems of damning elation.

His skin in disguise
was recast as a suit of satin scales.
He had olive pits that had me hypnotized,
and lips that tasted like opium.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders
in a soothing demeanor,
and under the pretext of ambrosial intentions
lured me into his trap.

Locked in a intimate tango,
the lunar rhythm marked the transition.
Inebriated in his sway
I felt my consciousness disintegrate.

When I, the helpless varmint, awoke,
the morning was rough.
Unbeknownst to me
I had performed a sinful dance.

A perverse purpose loomed
in his mischievous smile,  
and venom dripped from his fangs
where pearls should have shone.

Oh, I should have known,
I should have run!
but he knew all the tricks
to be played with my mind.

A gentle hiss, a sweet shriek,
and we made a pact.
He must have thought:
“Forever she will be mine”.

Comentarios

Entradas populares